The conventional sliding glass door design has two panel sections, one being stationary fixed and the other movable to slide open. It consists of a mobile rectangular framed piece of window glass that is mounted to an identical fixed framed adjacent glass panel.
These sliding glass doors particularly serve the features: for large outdoor views, an increase passage to the fresh air and enhanced transmission/penetration of natural daylight .They are being used in hotel rooms, apartments and residencies.
However they may be eye-catching in view, but at the same time poses security issues to the owner of the property/residence. Sliding glass doors are particularly easy for criminals to break, residents having these glass doors are more susceptible to undesired residential burglary.
According to certain administrative surveys sliding glass door is the stand out point in the frequent attack from burglars ,all it takes is a piece of brick.
In the contrast to the traditional doors which can be protected with the help of chains, deadbolts and other materials, sliding glass doors can’t be equipped with these things. As a result it ensue a great concern for the owners of buildings and houses installed with sliding glass doors to take certain measures to ensure their security from a prospective threat of unexpected invasion.
In addition to this sliding glass doors are often in the back of the property out of view of neighbors making it easier for the burglar to perform his actions.
Although it’s hard to ensure safety with sliding glass doors but it’s not absolutely impossible. Few assertive measures can deal with this problem quite effectively. Forced entry into homes can be avoided by making few simple modifications to the sliding glass doors.
The fact that sliding door can be lifted of the track can be prevented by double bolt lock ,it works by securing the door to the frame at two security points. This lock can be used as a primary locking system on the sliding glass door. In addition to that double Bolt Lock also acts as a child safety lock.
To ensure best security, chose padlocked sliding bolt lock. Moreover there are also models of sliding door locks that trigger an alarm when the door is unlocked. Another simple method to avert lifting is to install screws at the top of the glass doorframe.
To prevent sliding door action when the door is closed a moveable security bar can also be fixed from inside. As well as make sure that the rollers are in good condition since it’s difficult to interfere the sliding panel out of track when the rollers are in proper working condition.
It is not out of sight to mention here that sliding glass door security measures do not require much of an effort from the owner; they are relatively cheap and eas.
Currently, the market offers a few most widely used security gadgets for sliding glass doors which are working effectively. In case if u plan to install a sliding glass door make sure that you have learnt all the necessary information about sliding glass door security measures.
- door security devices
- doors accessories
- security bars for sliding glass doors
- doors hardware
- glass patio
- sliding patio glass doors components
- door security locks
- burglar bars for sliding glass doors
- security gates for sliding glass doors
- lock for sliding door
- sliding glass doors security devices
- how to secure sliding glass doors
- security devices for sliding glass doors
- sliding glass security doors
- sliding glass doors security
- bar door security doors
- hardware of doors
- sliding glass door images
- slider door security doors
- garage door slide lock
- sliding patio door security
- locks sliding glass doors
- sliding glass doors security bars
- slide locks
- Sliding Glass Patio Door Locks
- door security lock
- sliding patio security door
- sliding security storm doors
- Sliding-Glass Door Burglar Bars
- who install the security sliding door
- wrought iron sliding doors for patio
- security doorsglass security doors
- Security Doors for Sliders
- how to secure backyard door
- burglar bars for patio doors
- door hardwares
- glass sliding door security
- hardware for doors
- hardware to secure a panel glass door
- home security for sliding glass doors
- House sliding door security
- how to secure a double glass sliding door
- locks for sliding glass doors
- patio door burglar bars
- patio door security doors
- Patio doors security glass
- safety bars for sliding glass doors
- security bar door for patio doors
- security devices for doors
- burglar bars designs